Waynesboro Area Learning Tree
Who We Are
Our Mission Statement
The mission of the Waynesboro Area Learning Tree is to assist the community in strengthening and enriching technology training opportunities by providing individuals the education and skills that will enhance their growth potential in a technical competitive world.
Our Vision Statement
Our Vision is to become the leading mobile training organization in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. This shall be achieved through offering quality training that is competitive, innovative and consistently meeting the demands of today's business environment.
Our key objectives are to educate, motivate and provide leadership through collaboration with peers, experts and organizations to further create an electronic community of learning:
- GROWTH - To offer an educational opportunity for rural communities through Neighborhood Computer Network Centers and mobile computer units.
- OPPORTUNITY - To identify and partner with businesses, industries and community leaders to provide pre-vocational skill development, on the job training as well as long term employment placement.
- EMPOWERMENT - To nurture intellectual stimulation and to develop viable initiatives which will assist school youth and out of school adults to work readiness.
- INNOVATION - To emphasize the technology education for all students and prepare them for demand occupations and exploration.
- COMPETITIVENESS - To enhance the educational objectives of the Virginia State Board of Education, local colleges and vocational centers by providing more access to technology training and education.
What We Do
The Waynesboro Area Learning Tree (WALT) is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization, offering technology training and development as an outreach initiative to the City of Waynesboro and surrounding rural counties. Our goal is to work with educators, businesses and community leaders in developing educational programs that encourage technology-enabled transformation that will support the local economy.
WALT offers a comprehensive training program at its Neighborhood Computer Network Center and is collaborating with other agencies to extend programs to other locations. As funding permits, training outreach will be expanded to the use of mobile educational units.
We offer a variety of services including basic to advanced training in software applications, e-learning, transitional education, career exploration and work-life skills development of individuals.The keys to success for WALT are delivering high quality training opportunities with outstanding trainers in a convenient downtown location
421 West Main Street
Waynesboro, VA 22980
Office Hours: Monday through Friday 10:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M
Contact: Janet Harvey
Contact Title: Executive Director
Phone: (540) 943-4457
Visit our Website
Visit our Facebook Page
Follow us on Twitter