- Stuff the Bus
"Back to school" can be a tough time for many famies in our community. Children need pens, pencils, folders, backpacks, and much, much more. For a family struggling to put food on the table, these expenses can pose a big problem. United Way of Greater Augusta will once again partner with Wal-Mart and the area school systems to "Stuff the Bus"
About Getting Connected
Connecting Resources. People. Organizations.
Mention “volunteering” and one immediately conjures up images of an individual helping out in the community. And while that is true, The Greater Augusta Volunteer Center demonstrates how volunteering also encompasses more than just the individual giving back.
By working and building a strong network of volunteers, nonprofits and businesses, The Greater Augusta Volunteer Center helps improve the local community.
The Volunteer Center is not only the central place for volunteers to get matched every day – it is also where nonprofits and businesses come for training and support in creating effective volunteer programs.
From mentoring to serving food in a shelter, wherever your interests lie, there are volunteer jobs to match. Partnering with about 100 of nonprofit organizations, more than 200 opportunities are accessible to volunteers of all ages looking for on-going commitments or one-time jobs.
The Volunteer Center is a “one-stop-shop” for organizations. Access our vast array of recruitment resources, and consulting and training services to support your work with volunteers.
Share resources with our network of business leaders, stay ahead of trends and find the help you need to make a positive impact in the community.
As a nonprofit organization, The Greater Augusta Volunteer Center relies on the community’s generosity in helping us continue our work. Find out how you can leverage your money by making a financial contribution or find out how you can support our programs!
David and Teresa O
- Margaret A: replied to the Need "Weekly Clerical Activities" - Jul 31, 2015
- Margaret A: replied to the Need "Basic & Advanced Computer Literacy Program" - Jul 31, 2015
- Margaret A: replied to the Need "LEARN To Be A Tutor!" - Jul 31, 2015
- Karen G: joined the site - Jul 31, 2015
- Michelle D: joined the site - Jul 31, 2015
- David and Teresa O: joined the site - Jul 30, 2015
- Keelin W: joined the site - Jul 30, 2015
- Russ L: joined the site - Jul 30, 2015
- Kinsley L: joined the site - Jul 29, 2015
- Darby L: joined the site - Jul 29, 2015
- Greater Augusta Regional Chamber of Commerce: posted an event "Good Times Festival 2015" - 3 days ago
- The Arc Of Augusta, Inc.: posted a need "Event Volunteers" - Jul 16, 2015
- The Arc Of Augusta, Inc.: posted a need "Board Members" - Jul 16, 2015
- The Arc Of Augusta, Inc.: posted a need "Hands On Volunteers" - Jul 16, 2015