- Week of Caring
The Day of Caring was established in 2008 by the United Way of Greater Augusta to promote the spirit and value of volunteerism, increase the awareness of local human service agencies and schools, and demonstrate what people working together for the community's good can accomplish. Day/ Week of Caring is a community wide day that is set aside for those in the community to give back by volunteering to perform tasks throughout their community. Opportunities including landscaping, painting, cleaning, helping seniors, preparing and delivering meals, and various other volunteer opportunities.
About Getting Connected
Connecting Resources. People. Organizations.
Mention “volunteering” and one immediately conjures up images of an individual helping out in the community. And while that is true, The Greater Augusta Volunteer Center demonstrates how volunteering also encompasses more than just the individual giving back.
By working and building a strong network of volunteers, nonprofits and businesses, The Greater Augusta Volunteer Center helps improve the local community.
The Volunteer Center is not only the central place for volunteers to get matched every day – it is also where nonprofits and businesses come for training and support in creating effective volunteer programs.
From mentoring to serving food in a shelter, wherever your interests lie, there are volunteer jobs to match. Partnering with about 100 of nonprofit organizations, more than 200 opportunities are accessible to volunteers of all ages looking for on-going commitments or one-time jobs.
The Volunteer Center is a “one-stop-shop” for organizations. Access our vast array of recruitment resources, and consulting and training services to support your work with volunteers.
Share resources with our network of business leaders, stay ahead of trends and find the help you need to make a positive impact in the community.
As a nonprofit organization, The Greater Augusta Volunteer Center relies on the community’s generosity in helping us continue our work. Find out how you can leverage your money by making a financial contribution or find out how you can support our programs!
- Kelly C: joined the site - May 26, 2015
- Tiffany C: joined the site - May 26, 2015
- Kristy B: joined the site - May 26, 2015
- Nicki H: joined the site - May 26, 2015
- Lisa F: joined the site - May 21, 2015
- Deborah B: joined the site - May 17, 2015
- Shelly C: joined the site - May 17, 2015
- Mary Sue T: joined the site - May 17, 2015
- Rebecca M: joined the site - May 15, 2015
- Meredith K: joined the site - May 14, 2015
- Institute for Reform and Solutions: posted a need "Items Needed for our Reentry Program" - 2 days ago
- Institute for Reform and Solutions: posted a need "Affordable and Available housing" - 2 days ago
- Institute for Reform and Solutions: posted a need "Transportation Needed" - 2 days ago
- Institute for Reform and Solutions: posted a need "Volunteers" - 2 days ago