- The Newest and Best Way to Make an Impact
Get Connected is an easy-to-use web-based platform that matches the right donors, advocates, and volunteers with the right opportunities in our neighborhoods. Use Get Connected to find ways to give your unused materials and household items to agencies in need of donations, advocate for causes that require your passionate voice, and volunteer your time in ways that make a real difference.
About Getting Connected
Connecting Resources. People. Organizations.
Mention “volunteering” and one immediately conjures up images of an individual helping out in the community. And while that is true, The Greater Augusta Volunteer Center demonstrates how volunteering also encompasses more than just the individual giving back.
By working and building a strong network of volunteers, nonprofits and businesses, The Greater Augusta Volunteer Center helps improve the local community.
The Volunteer Center is not only the central place for volunteers to get matched every day – it is also where nonprofits and businesses come for training and support in creating effective volunteer programs.
From mentoring to serving food in a shelter, wherever your interests lie, there are volunteer jobs to match. Partnering with about 100 of nonprofit organizations, more than 200 opportunities are accessible to volunteers of all ages looking for on-going commitments or one-time jobs.
The Volunteer Center is a “one-stop-shop” for organizations. Access our vast array of recruitment resources, and consulting and training services to support your work with volunteers.
Share resources with our network of business leaders, stay ahead of trends and find the help you need to make a positive impact in the community.
As a nonprofit organization, The Greater Augusta Volunteer Center relies on the community’s generosity in helping us continue our work. Find out how you can leverage your money by making a financial contribution or find out how you can support our programs!
- Name Needed : joined the site - Mar 6, 2014
- Name Needed : joined the site - Mar 5, 2014
- Ashlyn D: replied to the Need "Volunteer" - Mar 4, 2014
- Stacey H: replied to the Need "Medical Volunteers" - Feb 17, 2014
- Linda C: replied to the Need "Volunteer Office Assistance at CASA" - Jan 30, 2014
- Nicole W: became a fan of "Valley Mission" - Jan 30, 2014
- Nicole W: became a fan of "Staunton Senior Center- (VPAS)" - Jan 30, 2014
- Nicole W: became a fan of "Staunton Public Library" - Jan 30, 2014
- Nicole W: became a fan of "March of Dimes" - Jan 30, 2014
- Jenifer M: replied to the Need "Volunteer Office Assistance at CASA" - Jan 28, 2014
- Waynesboro Area Refuge Ministry: posted a new need "Overnight Volunteers (Nightly March 24-30)" - Feb 27, 2014
- Project GROWS: posted a new need "Cardboard" - Feb 20, 2014
- Project GROWS: posted a new need "Terra cotta pots/planters" - Feb 20, 2014
- Project GROWS: posted a new need "Magnifying Glasses" - Feb 20, 2014