- The Newest and Best Way to Make an Impact
Get Connected is an easy-to-use web-based platform that matches the right donors, advocates, and volunteers with the right opportunities in our neighborhoods. Use Get Connected to find ways to give your unused materials and household items to agencies in need of donations, advocate for causes that require your passionate voice, and volunteer your time in ways that make a real difference.
About Getting Connected
Connecting Resources. People. Organizations.
Mention “volunteering” and one immediately conjures up images of an individual helping out in the community. And while that is true, The Greater Augusta Volunteer Center demonstrates how volunteering also encompasses more than just the individual giving back.
By working and building a strong network of volunteers, nonprofits and businesses, The Greater Augusta Volunteer Center helps improve the local community.
The Volunteer Center is not only the central place for volunteers to get matched every day – it is also where nonprofits and businesses come for training and support in creating effective volunteer programs.
From mentoring to serving food in a shelter, wherever your interests lie, there are volunteer jobs to match. Partnering with about 100 of nonprofit organizations, more than 200 opportunities are accessible to volunteers of all ages looking for on-going commitments or one-time jobs.
The Volunteer Center is a “one-stop-shop” for organizations. Access our vast array of recruitment resources, and consulting and training services to support your work with volunteers.
Share resources with our network of business leaders, stay ahead of trends and find the help you need to make a positive impact in the community.
As a nonprofit organization, The Greater Augusta Volunteer Center relies on the community’s generosity in helping us continue our work. Find out how you can leverage your money by making a financial contribution or find out how you can support our programs!
Ann Tolley H
- Erin D: became a fan of "Cat's Cradle" - Dec 6, 2013
- Erin D: became a fan of "CASA-Court Appointed Special Advocates For Children" - Dec 6, 2013
- Erin D: became a fan of "Boys And Girls Clubs Of Waynesboro, Staunton and Augusta County" - Dec 6, 2013
- Erin D: became a fan of "Blue Ridge Area Food Bank " - Dec 6, 2013
- Erin D: became a fan of "American Cancer Society" - Dec 6, 2013
- Erin D: joined the site - Dec 6, 2013
- Ann Tolley H: replied to the Need "After School Program Volunteers" - Dec 1, 2013
- Ann Tolley H: joined the site - Dec 1, 2013
- Andy G: joined the site - Nov 25, 2013
- kendra h: replied to the Need "Medical Volunteers" - Nov 25, 2013
- Valley VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance): posted a new need "Quality Reviewer" - Nov 01, 2013
- Valley VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance): posted a new need "Tax Preparer" - Nov 01, 2013
- Valley VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance): posted a new need "Assistant Site Coordinator" - Nov 01, 2013
- Valley VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance): posted a new need "Intake Specialist" - Nov 01, 2013